Need opinons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thirt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gal tank and I have 1 power head right now and a canister filter everything is fine but I have a bubbler thing for bubbles but thats evaporating my water way to fast for my liking do I need it?

Your bubbler shouldn't be evaporating any water. Do you have a good hood on the tank?

All an air stone is going to do is leave a salt residue all over everything. In the hobby, that's called "salt creep". I agree. Nix the air stone and add a second power head.

All an air stone is going to do is leave a salt residue all over everything. In the hobby, that's called "salt creep". I agree. Nix the air stone and add a second power head.

Okay ill most likely do that then I'm just really tight with money cuse I just paid bills and stuff but will one power head be good for a least a little while?

It should have a number on it, like a #2 or a #3 or something. Scratch that. It should have some information on the label that's on it.

Last edited:
It should have a number on it, like a #2 or a #3 or something. Scratch that. It should have some information on the label that's on it.

750 it says on it

Ok. Then it's probably the 750gph model. I don't think I'd feel confident with a single 750 gph power head in a 4' tank. When you buy your second one, get a 1200 or 1400 gph unit. I think between the two of them you should have pretty good flow.
Take those suggested tank size recommendations with a grain of salt.
I would probably keep the air stone until then.

Back
Top Bottom