Newly cycled 55 gallon,,, fish question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike406

Aquarium Advice Regular
Please. All the advice and opinion needed. I want to put in the following fish

1. Small dwarf zebra lion fish
2. small huma huma trigger
3. Small Pink tail trigger
4. Small Koran angel
5. Small Two spot bristle tooth tang
6. Small naso tang
7. Chain link moray eel.

I am running a Tom rapids pro 3 plus filtration system with built in prot skimmer. 2 12,000 k white bulbs, 2 blue actinics. 2 500 gph power heads. Being new to the hobby and loving it please help with feed back. Also I have 80 of live rock and a 4 inch live sand bed. Please help

Michael

I see. If I get small tangs and have all intentions of upgrading to a 125 in the next 4 months. Then what. Also what about the other fish ?

I think that those all require larger tanks. Go to live aquaria.com for info on sizes and compatability. If you are going to jump up to a 120 soon, I might just wait it out for most. Certainly don't get them all over the course of three months and then transfer to the larger tank. A small bristle tooth would be ok for a short period. Not sure how the Angel will work with the triggers in the long run.

mike406 said:
Please. All the advice and opinion needed. I want to put in the following fish

1. Small dwarf zebra lion fish
2. small huma huma trigger
3. Small Pink tail trigger
4. Small Koran angel
5. Small Two spot bristle tooth tang
6. Small naso tang
7. Chain link moray eel.

I am running a Tom rapids pro 3 plus filtration system with built in prot skimmer. 2 12,000 k white bulbs, 2 blue actinics. 2 500 gph power heads. Being new to the hobby and loving it please help with feed back. Also I have 80 of live rock and a 4 inch live sand bed. Please help

Michael

Yeah, not trying to be a pain, but liveaquaria has that angel as needing a 250g tank. It gets huge. The pinkytail trigger needs a 180g. The huma huma trigger needs 70g. The naso tang needs 180g. You could probably do a bristletooth tang, but just 1. There are lots of dwarf angels to choose from for a 55g, but you can only get 1 or they'll fight to the death. The eel should work in a 55g. The dwarf lion would work, but then you are going to be very limited on what other fish you can put in that size tank cuz anything that fits in his mouth will be eaten, and there aren't a lot of big fish that can go in a 55g. So you might be stuck with just be eel and lion. If you're ok with that, then go for it!! Definitely check out liveaquaria.com to help you with tank size requirements for each fish and make a list of what you're planning before you buy. The fish might start out small and be so cute and fit fine at first, but they can get big quickly and outgrow your tank fast. Then you gotta figure out what to do with them, and that's a PIA.

I would say everything on the list besides the lion and bristle tooth need atleast a 6' tank (naso and angel even larger).

Back
Top Bottom