Possible Emergencyyyyyyyy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyz0os

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Bicolored dwarf angelfish. It's picky when it comes to eating so its rarely eats and its more focused on swimming through some tight cave rather than eating. Here's the emergency.

I turned the lights off. and an hour passed by. I heard something that sounded like a drop of water so i got up and turned the light on. Goby sleeps in his tunnel, clowns sleep at the top of the tank..but the angelfish is at the bottom, laying ON the sand in the cave and it looks like he's panting. Is there something wrong?

What are your parameters, that could be a start at solving this. Tank size and stock list would also help

What are your parameters, that could be a start at solving this. Tank size and stock list would also help

Ammonia nitrite and nitrate are 0. temp is at 79. tank is 37 gal, its the dwarf angel, juvenile sleeper goby, and 2 juvenile clowns

Any other signs of trouble on the fish? markings and other behaviors? I'm not very knowledgeable with fish illness but hopefully having all of these commonly asked questions would help when someone more knowledgeable comes by.

I hope everything works out

Any other signs of trouble on the fish? markings and other behaviors? I'm not very knowledgeable with fish illness but hopefully having all of these commonly asked questions would help when someone more knowledgeable comes by.

I hope everything works out

Everyone is fine. Although i have seen a video of mature clownfish sleeping on the subtrate. Sound normal to you?

to be honest, I've never seen my clown sleep haha. Maybe the moonlight keeps them up :D.

Has your angel been up swimming or is he still laying there?

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

.....The angelfish didn't make it through the night. srcew it, im not going to stock my tank with any more fish. I'm not going to kill fish

The bi-color angel isn't the easiest fish to keep and unfortunatly deaths do occur in this hobby. I wouldn't give up yet. Give it a few weeks see if your other current fish remain healthy if so try another "hardier' fish.

Back
Top Bottom