Show off you bow front tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TygGer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sorry, mine is not setup yet. :(

But please share pics of your bow fronts :D I would like to see how your set up looks and if you have a canopy.

I am about to purchase a light hood system for my 72g and would like to conceal the hood (or atleast conceal the space between the water surface and hood, approx 6-8").

Thanks!

see my Gallery. My Tank is only a few weeks old. no canopy
Fish are coming soon!

Are you going to stay FOWLR? I couldn't see a pic of how your light was setup, is it just resting on the top of the tank?

I need to figure out a simple way to build a canopy for my light hood to rest on top.

I have th 72 gal reef ready system from Oceanic. I have a couple full tanks shots in my gallery. See what you think. I really enjoy the panaramic view the BF gives you from the front. It does take a bit more effort to clean though.

I just set up my 72 last week. No pics yet but soon. Only some dead rock and sand in there right now :(

well i just finished makeing my canopy for the 46 gal bow i have. it turned out very nice. i think i have some picks of the tank in the Gallery and i have pics of the canopy in the diys part of this site. i will try to up load some more pic of the hood in to the Gallery today.

I decided to go canopy-less and used eggcrate instead on my 46 gal bow. I have Coralife PC's elevated over the tank. I will try to post some pictures in my gallery later this week.

lando said:
I have th 72 gal reef ready system from Oceanic. I have a couple full tanks shots in my gallery. See what you think. I really enjoy the panaramic view the BF gives you from the front. It does take a bit more effort to clean though.

That looks nice! In the pic "uploadable_pics_008", how many lbs LR is that? What about in the "full tank shot"?

Also, I couldn't see your canopy. Are you using the Oceanic canopy? If so, what type of lighting are you using?

WarOrks15 said:
well i just finished makeing my canopy for the 46 gal bow i have. it turned out very nice. i think i have some picks of the tank in the Gallery and i have pics of the canopy in the diys part of this site. i will try to up load some more pic of the hood in to the Gallery today.

Cool! I'll be waiting :)

phases99 said:
I decided to go canopy-less and used eggcrate instead on my 46 gal bow. I have Coralife PC's elevated over the tank. I will try to post some pictures in my gallery later this week.

I'd like to see this. I may go this route as it seems like the easiest method. How did you make the riser legs for your light hood?

The riser legs can be purchased separately. I have the Coralife 2x96w Lunar Aqualight. I uploaded a few photo's to my gallery, they are not great shots but you get the idea.

Thanks for the pics. Are those legs designed for you light? And how did you cut the "egg crate" so perfect? It looks like it was designed to cover the tank!

Thanks! My tank has about 80 lbs if LR in it and about 20lbs of LR rubble in the sump. I do not have a canopy. I use the Coralife 4 x 65 watts CF lighting. I go topless becuase it allows for better gas exchange and with only CF lighting, I get better light penitration and my corals like that. Having a glass hood on the tank would greatly reduce the amount of light they get.

TygGer said:
Thanks for the pics. Are those legs designed for you light? And how did you cut the "egg crate" so perfect? It looks like it was designed to cover the tank!

I bought the lights and legs from http://www.hellolights.com/362xcoluaqde.html. The legs are an accessory from Coralife. I cut the eggrate with a small hand saw and it was a pain to do the bow. I split it into 2 pieces just like the glass canopy that came with the tank. It makes for easy removal during tank maintainance. Good Luck

thank you. it is still growing, it has been up since dec of last year. but now that i got a job at the lfs i get every thing (fish corals and every thing else like food and tanks and such) for cost. so it will be growing fast in the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom