Stocking a 38 gallon bow front tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianaplyler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just recently set up a new 38 gallon tank and I am looking at ideas for stocking it. I will not be adding fish soon, obviously so it can cycle, but I did use filtration media and a little water from an already established tank to speed up this process. The tank I have is the Mainland 38 gallon bow front tank. I have the filter that came with it running right now but I will probably be adding a second filter at some point.

I used the AqAdvisor website to look at some possible stocking options and this is what I came up with.

6 Cory catfish
4 Dwarf Gouramis
6 Green fire tetras
5 misery snails
1 angelfish

** I do not have any experience with angelfish so any suggestions on this would be great. If you don't think they are a good idea for this tank please tell me, as I am on the fence about this decision

if you would make any changes let me know and if you have any other suggestions. I of course was small schooling fish, bottom dwellers to clean the tank and I would like a few "eye catching" fish

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

I started a 75g tank a year and a half ago and I started with dwarf gouramis, they died. They seem to hate life in general, all 3 were males, very healthy and active then they picked a day to get sick and die so yeah I personally would not recommend them. But the 3 spot blue and the gold gouramis that I have are still alive going on 2 years. It’s just weird I with the dwarfs. And from what I know a 38 gallon is too small for an angel plus they are aggressive so I wouldn’t get one of those. Personally I’d go with cherry barbs, corys, zebra danios, Redfin tetras, and some guppies. But it’s up to you it’s your tank. And snails you can throw in they don’t hurt anything

Back
Top Bottom