Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2015, 03:16 PM   #441
Aquarium Advice Addict

The Tusk has no fear now and swims with the others at times. The Rusty has become a lot more brave at feeding time. Hangs out around the rocks so it can dart in, but is not as sketchy as the first few days.

I'm hoping to get another hogfish at the end of the month when I am out that way again, but may go with a large Angel if a hog is not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-14-2015, 10:52 PM   #442
Aquarium Advice Addict

Todd's 240g Build

Went to a LFS today on the way home and had a somewhat impulse buy...
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...7F3EDDD7EC.jpg
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...6AAD2BC6C7.jpg
I've always wanted one and I want to get a few Angels for this tank.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #443
Aquarium Advice Addict

Finally got it! Going into QT in a few minutes...
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...63B95BA114.jpg

Old 07-26-2015, 09:22 PM   #444
Aquarium Advice Addict

Interesting stuff...needed to clear out my smaller QT for a deep water Coral Beauty and some kind of purple head damsel/chromis (not sure ID on it) that I picked up for my son's tank. Acclimated the Lamark Angel and added it to the 240g. To date, the Purple Tang is clearly #1 in the pecking order. Any new fish is instantly made aware of this. As I figured, he was on the Lamark with a tail slap almost instantly. The Lamark did not take to the intended intimidation and turned on the Tang and kinda darted at it. Tang tried again and the Lamark did the same thing. Guess who just became king of the tank? Not at all what I expected.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:21 AM   #445
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
Interesting stuff...needed to clear out my smaller QT for a deep water Coral Beauty and some kind of purple head damsel/chromis (not sure ID on it) that I picked up for my son's tank. Acclimated the Lamark Angel and added it to the 240g. To date, the Purple Tang is clearly #1 in the pecking order. Any new fish is instantly made aware of this. As I figured, he was on the Lamark with a tail slap almost instantly. The Lamark did not take to the intended intimidation and turned on the Tang and kinda darted at it. Tang tried again and the Lamark did the same thing. Guess who just became king of the tank? Not at all what I expected.

Very interesting!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #446
Aquarium Advice Addict

Overnight update:
The Lamark was out swimming with the others this morning. I did not see it eat, but it eat well in QT, so I'm not worried at all.

The Lyretail Hogfish on the other hand has just been hanging out in the corner of my larger QT. I kinda half expected it to not make it through the night. It is alive though, so we will see after work today. I'm hoping it is just stress from being shipped overseas, grabbed by the wholesaler in Los Angeles, taken to the LFS and then taken home by me. It has been through a lot in a day, so I guess a little downtime has been earned.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #447
Aquarium Advice Addict

So far, so good with the Lyretail Hogfish. Took a couple days to eat, but is out swimming around now and eats fine. This guy had me more scared than just about any other fish I've purchased in a very long time. I'm relieved it took a turn for the better.

It might be a short lived QT as my connection for corals has a 180g reef tank breakdown this weekend and I might get some fish out of it...not sure exactly what yet though...possibly a Tang or two and I think he doesn't want the One Spot Foxface or Decorated Rabbitfish. We shall see...

Old 08-09-2015, 01:10 AM   #448
Aquarium Advice Addict

I put the Lyretail in tonight and it is back to worry mode. As soon as I got it into the tank, it did the same thing as it did in QT...went nose first against a rock and did not move. Purple Tang swam by it multiple times and did not notice, so I'm hoping that continues and by morning, the Lyretail is moving. I've got the room from dim to dark now, so fingers are crossed...

Old 08-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #449
Aquarium Advice Addict

Todd's 240g Build

So much for worrying. It is out this morning with all the others.
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...C7B99C4D76.jpghttp://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...C741DE82F4.jpg

Old 08-23-2015, 12:07 PM   #450
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, not the upbeat update I was hoping to give. A couple days ago, the hogfish started hiding in a cave and would not come out to eat. Woke up this morning and my monster brittle star was on it. I think I got an unhealthy one from the start, as it did not ever spend a lot of time out with the other fish. I am considering getting another, but closer to the holidays.

In the meantime, I may do a skimmer and return pump upgrade. I might have a deal on an Eshopps skimmer for cheap and am considering a Jebao DC return pump.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com