What is the wildest/most exotic SW FISH you've seen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For one of the weirdest looking I think the frogfish has got my vote.

Rhinopias' are exotic and rare. At $800 they are expensive too. :)

Attachments

• dd_lg_081106-292_1__149.jpg
    dd_lg_081106-292_1__149.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 47
dmac said:
Today I saw a porcupine puffer. And though I didn't see it puff up, it was one of the most unusual looking fish I've ever seen. It's face looked like some sort of cross between E.T. and a fly.

Rin1002151.jpg

LOL

"ET and a fly". -I could not agree more!

Great post my friend. Though I do not have anything to submit I will be following this post daily!

Best,
Joe

i gotta vote for mandarine dragonettes. they look like they should be at a disco.

WELCOME TO AA, MyCatsDrool!!

You may want to post in The Welcome Wagon forum, tell us a little bit about you.

*Pardon the interuption*

Great thread folks but as a reminder, if you post a pic here that does not belong to you, you must provide the source. If the pic contains a copyright embedded within it, you need permission from the owner to post it.

*Please continue, great thread.*

Heheh that boxfish (orange one) I was planning on getting that in a while but decided not too :p. Liveaquaria's diver den stuff are expensive.

But..mine would have to be the leafy or weedy seadragon too...if they weren't over 1000 dollars in most cases and have to have licenses to get them, i'd so totally get some..also if I had a 6 foot tank :p.

today i went to my salt water store and saw mandarin dragonets with gorgeous blue fins and amazing swirly patterns. gotta say, theyre my favourite.

450Mandarin_MKP_.jpg

drummerj - yeah, the color on my green mandarin is amazing. Too bad he spends most of his time behind the rocks looking for pods to eat. But when he comes out, I tend to drop everything and just watch him.

Their pectoral fins look almost like a hummingbird - they beat so fast, they're like a blur. Amazing little things if you have a good fuge.

here are a couple of fish I just required. Well fairly new anyways. The first is a mappa puffer, the second a princess parrot/ or a bower's wrasse.

img_709482_0_2d32cc3530bedcebb9d74042be41c88d.jpg

img_709482_1_806355a3052c2f53269c2a73d0054f18.jpg

img_709482_2_57d02cad1f404cdcd958c62fdf322ffd.jpg

im extremely jealous scoot! I would love to have one eventually. When I've a larger tank.

Back
Top Bottom