What kind of lighting for a FOWLR tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe&rae

Aquarium Advice Activist
i am setting up show tank that im putting mainly tangs in but i want a light that will show there color wonderfully!! i was thing in the line of t5 novas, or coralife. both are cheap, low power consumption and less than $100!! Also what set up both the lights mentioned have diff bulbs that can be both with them!! im not too much worried about the LR just the look of the fish!!

Use the bulbs that give you the look you are after. 50/50 should work fine, or you could try a mix of 10k and actinics. You don't need much light for a FOWLR.

You dont need really expensive lighting for a FOWLR tank. Any stock lighting will work.

i have a75gal fowlr i use a 48 inch coralife 50/50 lite,50% natural daylight6000k 50% actinic 03blue and shows off my fish just fine and the live rock also.

Already replie in your other thread. These would be fine for a FOWLR, but as soon as you decide to any mushrooms, zoas, etc. you will need to increase the intensity of the lighitng.

Back
Top Bottom