another newbie saying hello.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discus queen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my name is rhonda, AKA discus queen. I'm new at this,basicly computer illiterate lol. So please forgive me for any mistakes. I'm an Indiana girl, never able to have actual children,so I invest my whole heart & most of my income to my animals aka "My Kids". I have 4 cats, 4 dogs, 3 aquariums, a 35 gal. tall, a 55 gal., and a brand spankin new 125 gal. (Not set up yet.:( Oh yeah, and one adorable husband:lol: I have a deep passion for DISCUS FISH. They are so personable & friendly. I hand feed them (fresh & frozen). They love to rub their bodies against my hand during feeding,:fish2: I love that! I lost my 2 big reds due to mystery illness. I cried for two weeks.:bawl: I am so looking forward to setting up my new 125, I am hoping to get lots of advice & input on soft sandy substrates & filtraton systems, plants etc. The filters I have on my 35 & 55 are those hang on the back deals. They were expensive enough but totally inadequate. If anybody has any ideas or advice I would really appreciate it. I want to create a beautiful, healthy environment for my babies. They give me so mu:thanks:ch, I really want them to be happy & comfy & above all, healthy.:fish1: Thank you all so much. :thanks: The Discus Queen :fish1::fish2::fish2:

Thank you Slade so good to meet you.

Thanks so much for the welcome. I live in indiana & I'm crazy in love with discus fish. I had 5 in my 55 gal. But my two big reds died of some mystery disease I could not identify. I was so devastated because they were so personable & seemed to be as fond of me as I was them. They used to watch my every move when I was in the room. I wanted to join AA so nothing like that would ever happen again... hopefully. Atleast now I have a support system of knowledgeable people I can count on to have my back whenever I need help for my babies. I felt so helpless before, my lfs whereI bought them was NO help. It was really hard to watch them die like that. I should also let you know that I am very new at "computer ". I just barely know what I'm doing, & I have never joined or participated in anything like this ever. I hope you can please be patient with me while I figure it all out. Don't have a teacher, gotta figure it out on my own. The 3 people I have had contact with so far have been so kind & welcoming & I really appreciate that so much. Again, thanks so much for the welcome & thoughtfulness. P.s. Slade has got to be the coolest name I have ever heard! If thats your real name, thank your parents. If not, keep it anyway. Thanks again, Rhonda the discus queen.

thanks so much dallascowboys16

Thank you for your kind welcome. I would really love to see your aquarium. I love all fish & aquarium styles, but never seen one like yours. I bet it's awesome. I'm too absorbed in my discus fish at the moment so I really dont have the time or $$ to take on any thing else... yet. Lol. But I'm always intrested in aquariums others create. I feel aquariums are an extension of our selves, as we invest so much of ourselves in them. I really enjoy working continually on creating the best environment I can for the fish I truly love. Thank you again for the kind welcome, if you can, share a video or a pic. Sincerely, Rhonda (aka) The discus queen.:thanks:

nice to meet you aquandrew!

Thank you for your kind welcome! I'm sooo new at this. Not only this site, but to computer as well. Not very good at this stuff yet but I'll do my best to not get on your nerves. Lol. I hear you about cool knowledgeable people on this site & I agree with you! Thats exactly what I'm counting on. Lost my two big reds bout a month ago, couldn't find any help anywhere. Even lfs where I bought them wouldnt help me. They just shrugged their shoulders at the pics, gave me some stupid parasite med & sent me on my way.the med didn't work & all I could do was watch them die. It was horrible! Now I have you & sooo many others to count on if it ever happens again. I so appreciate the support. Iwould love to share my aquarium with you. Will do the best I can to send a vidio. Please let me know if you get it or not. Like I said, not real good at this yet. Lol.
And you can show me yours... aquarium :lol:that is. Lol.

Welcome to AA! Glad to have you here and very glad to share our knowledge. Im no expert but I do know quite a bit! :welcome:

to; jwh0818

Thank you so much for the friendly welcome! I really appreciate it & I really look forward to getting to know each other & trading advice & info in the future. You are one of the kindest people to welcome me. If everyone on this site is as kind as the people that have welcomed me so far, I must have truly chosen the rite site to help me take propper care of my kids. :fish2: thanks again. Sincerely, Rhonda, (aka) The discus queen.

Welcome, i also love discus but i don't own any yet, im waiting till i buy another tank

Hi chileno, thank you for the kind welcome. I just joined AA a couple of days ago, already so many folks have been so nice & friendly. I really appreciate the kindness & knowing I have such knowledgeable folks that have my back for the next time something goes wrong. Now I have such knowledgeable friends to count on for info & advice & that gives me a sense of security I have never had before. When my big reds got so sick my lfs where I bought them & been doing buisness there for 30 years was No help at all! Thanks again chileno for being so friendly & just for being there.

Hey there, discus queen here. I just viewed your tank pics & all I can say is WOW! SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! You must have really worked so hard on it. It's incredible! Thats so like the vision I have for when I finally get to start on my 125. Plants, plants, plants! What kind of substrate are you using?

Back
Top Bottom