From across the pond (excuse the pun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oram_uk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I'm over in England, just outside of London. I decided to join up as I got brought a fish tank for my birthday (after asking for some time). I had one back when I was 9 or 10 and remember it being a lot easier to care for although I suspect my parents back then might have had some involvement ... I'll question them next time I see them. I have to admit I got off to a slow start and lucky for me I found this site.

I now have a lovely small 30ltr tank with one resident at the moment. I have also spent some money out on the test kits, cleaning tools, a PH buffer (I live in a very hard water area) and some other bits and bobs.

I'll be looking to log on here regularly to check out anything I need to know that's going on with the little guys in the room with me now!

I'll admit I didn't have a clue about cycling, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia and the reason I've chosen this forum is that everyone on here seems friendly and willing to help. Rest assured I am however dedicated to making sure that I give my fish a very long and most importantly happy life!

:p

'I just hope I don't do another water change and empty it on the floor again, I don't think it will go down well with the girlfriend'...

I so know what you mean about being younger and it did seem a lot easier, when i had my 20g tank, I think i did maybe a 20% water change in a months time, changed my filters ever 2 months, and well yeah. Ironically the water was very cleared and never had a crazy deaths, but im sure it wasn't as health as my fish are now.

Welcome enjoy your stay.

hiya! Which side of london are you?
i'm visiting in June, but i lived in Surrey for quite some time :)
In the US now, but am glad to see another Brit on board

To answer a couple I am a freshy. Not anywhere confident yet to handle salty.

I live in Sutton on the Surrey borders about 20 mins by train into central London.

At the moment guppies ... I'm going to go down to the pet shop tomorrow or Monday and have a look at another one or two. Not sure what to go for at the moment though?

Back
Top Bottom