Getting back into the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaymes_3102

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, it’s great to be back into fishkeeping. I was really into the hobby about 5 years ago, but I didn’t really have time to maintain the tank. I still have a 55 gallon community tank, but my roommate takes care of it and maintains it. Recently I decided to get my own 10 gallon tank for my bedroom. It’s been set up for about a week or so and it’s almost done cycling. I’ll probably get fish later this week or early next week depending on when it finishes cycling. I’m planning on a Betta and about 6 neon tetras.

I’m pretty happy with how it looks, but I plan to switch out the fake plants for live ones when I get the extra money.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 33
Your Tank

Hey everyone, it’s great to be back into fishkeeping. I was really into the hobby about 5 years ago, but I didn’t really have time to maintain the tank. I still have a 55 gallon community tank, but my roommate takes care of it and maintains it. Recently I decided to get my own 10 gallon tank for my bedroom. It’s been set up for about a week or so and it’s almost done cycling. I’ll probably get fish later this week or early next week depending on when it finishes cycling. I’m planning on a Betta and about 6 neon tetras.

I’m pretty happy with how it looks, but I plan to switch out the fake plants for live ones when I get the extra money.

Welcome Jaymes...

A 10 gallon tank will present a challenge. You'll need to remove and replace at least half the tank water every few days, to ensure livable living conditions for the fish. Filters, aerators and such may be a bit noisy for a bedroom, but being a former tank keeper, maybe you've already thought of these things.

Have fun,

B

Back
Top Bottom