Greetings and Well Met

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devon Greatwolf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just realized that I never introduced myself.

I used to be really into large pythons and moniors but get tired of the hospital trips and decided fish might be safer for me!

May peace be with you all and if you would like to know more about me please feel free to ask.

Welcome! Awesome another Tennessean on here! their are not too many of us. Where is map dot (if you dont mind, if you dont want to post it, please dont feel obligated to :) )
nice to meet you

Welcome! Awesome another Tennessean on here! their are not too many of us. Where is map dot (if you dont mind, if you dont want to post it, please dont feel obligated to :) )
nice to meet you

Map Dot is exit 182 off I-40 about 30 miles west of Nash"vegas", sleepy little town called Fairview

Welcome to AA! I assume the pythons were a tad nippy to you?

The last python I owned was a 16' female who decide to give me a hug.

Actually, I was trying to remove her from her enclosure for maintenance/cleaning and was alone at the time. Well I had about half of her out of the habitat (1/4 extended past my left shoulder and 1/4 between the enclosure and me) and she shifted and began to slide off my shoulders. Well she being a big snake was apparently afraid to fall and in the blink of an eye hugged me for support. I fell to the floor with just my left arm free. After about 15-20 minutes, I was able to claw my way to the shower and turn on the cold water. The cold water startled her and she released me pretty quick, I then phoned my best friend and avid breeder and sold her to him the next day.

Note to the wise: If a larger python "hugs" you, don’t ever fully breathe out or you may never breathe again. In addition, if you are ever bitten do not pull away push into the back of the jaws then pry open.

As for monitors had a 7-foot black throat grab the back of my right leg just below the buttock. I was in the hospital within the week with septicemia.

:shocked!:I think I will continue to pass on being "hugged" by any pythons. I like smaller snakes such as cornsnakes etc. Although having a parrot bite you is much the same, don't pull away from a hooked billed bird! It tears the flesh much worse.

:shocked!:I think I will continue to pass on being "hugged" by any pythons. I like smaller snakes such as cornsnakes etc. Although having a parrot bite you is much the same, don't pull away from a hooked billed bird! It tears the flesh much worse.

I also am a fan of small snakes. My favorite is the grey banded king.

Oh yes... Parrots can give quite a nasty bite. A friend has one and if he gets hold of a plastic bottle top it just seems to disenigrate. My friend lost the tip of his finger to "Da Cap'n".

Welcome to AA! I'm from Chattanooga originally and live in VA now. Glad to see you have come to the safer side of aquarium cirtters ;)

Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom