Hello from Pepperell, MA, USA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pianopete128

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everybody,

My name is Peter and I am from Pepperell, Massachusetts. I am a highschool junior. I have just started my very own Freshwater Coldwater Tank with my dad's old fish tank. I've been waiting such a long time to do this and I am absolutely ecstatic about developing my fish tank into a beautiful piece of living art! I have three different goldfish in the tank right now and hopefully I'll be getting a koi soon!

Other than my new fish, I enjoy playing piano and hobby electronics!

Thanks!!!
:thanks:

Welcome!!! Is the tank cycled? How big is it?

No the tank isn't cycled. I bought some hardy cheap fish with the hope that they would help break it in. I am using old gravel that was previosly used in a different freshwater tank along with an undergravel filter; I do not know if that will help start the cycle.

My tank is a 70 gallon tank.

The gavel will help, unfortunately 70 gallons too small for koi. What kind of goldfish do you have in it?

The gavel will help, unfortunately 70 gallons too small for koi. What kind of goldfish do you have in it?

My father kept a koi in the same tank for over 12 years, it was very healthy its entire life.

I have one Black Moor fish and two others that I forgot the names of. There are photos on my profile of the other two.

Back
Top Bottom