Hello from Texas!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wade91789

Aquarium Advice Activist
About 8 miles east of Sulphur Springs, TX
Hey everyone!!
I'm 23 and this will be my first aquarium. I've got a 30 gallon tank that I've done a fish less cycle with. It lasted almost a month! After it stabilized I've slowly added 4 neons, a Molly pair, a betta, a gold mystery snail, and my wife has added 4 small glofish. I'm looking forward to learning new things and how to successfully breed my mollies.

Hello finally another Texan woohoo!!!! Oh and Welcome newbie!! I have mollies myself it's quite easy I'd ad at leaset another female.. I do 3 per male.

Hey good to know thanks! Do you move your fry to a different tank? Or leave them with everything else? I don't have any live cover so I'm thinkin I might move them to a 1.5 gal until they are big enough to not get eatin?

I have a breeding net I use, for some reason I can not post pics, it is easier to put the female in the separate tank before dropping the babies, watch her belly and it will square out at the bottom I separate my females then. Since you are new at it I'd use a small separate tank it would be easier. They have plants that can be put on the bottom that the babies can hide in. She will go to the best available plant. They do eat their babies so you'll want to keep an eye on her and remove her as soon as she has had them. PM me and I'll give you all the details.

Back
Top Bottom