Hello from Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anomalous

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm Alli, I'm 24 years old and about to take on the hobby of aquariums. I used to have fish as pets when I was a small child, but as I obviously had no idea what I was doing as my longest lived fish back then was a 5 year old corydoras in a 5 gallon. But now I actually want to delve back into it with new knowledge of how to properly take care of aquatic pets. I've been reading information on your forums and this place seems like a great place to start!

I was thinking of starting with a 10 gallon planted tank, but if I can find a 20 gallon for a good price I was considering going with that instead. I may end up doing both if I can.

I am fond of both mollies and platies, as I had them as a child. So I will most likely have those with some corys as tankmates for a cleanup crew. Any advice or links to resources for them is most welcome!

Welcome!!!

Consider a 20G long, a wonderful size for beginning. Though you might run out of room pretty quickly with that size and a 40G breeder is really a perfect size tank, as you can have many Cories at the bottom and a couple shoals of fish and plenty of floor space for plants!!! That size is a nice foot print 36" wide x 18" lovely for viewing.

The link for new/ getting started article is in my signature, and is full of useful information in one place so you can refer back to it as needed. I got back into the hobby and learned there were so many better ways to run an aquarium, than how I knew as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom