Hello, worm id?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald23225

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,
I've read this forum a couple times and found it very helpful so today i became a member:D I've had several freshwater tanks but the addiction truly started two years ago when i purchased my first nano saltwater tank and discovered the diverse world of corals. Since then most of my extra money has fueled this fun hobby.
I know this is supposed to be an intro about yourself but the real reason i joined today is i'm concerned about a worm like thing coming out of one of my love rocks that caused my frog spawn to jump ship:cry: I've attached a pic sorry it's not so good but i think it's either a terebellidae or a cirratulids but everything i've read doesn't seem like it's a bad thing. All the other corals in my tank are doing well, water qualty is in range. The worm is green with darker strips every 1-2mm. Is this worm the culprit for making the frogspawn detach from it's stony home and should i try and get it out?:confused: Thanks for your help
green%20worm.jpg

Well having trouble attaching the photo, worm description: green with black/dark strips thin(like dog hair thickness) in clusters on rock of about 50 burrowing into neaby sand looks like spaghetti worm from 1" to 5" long

also any other suggestions on why the frogspawn left it's home would be appreciated or similar story and outcome. Right now i have the head in a critter keeper in the tank to keep it from free floating around

so my computer has a virus and i can't upload yet... as soon as i can i have a picture to put up all let you know. Thanks for the speedy reply:p

Back
Top Bottom