Hey all. All advice welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew1079

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys Im Andrew . I clean up foreclosed homes for a living and found t 3 goldfish living in a the nastiess flowerpot I've ever seen .i put them in individual 1 gallons that I've been saving for some odd reason (this was 3 weeks ago) I've now (10 days ago) got a 65 gallon tank, stand , filter I got for 50 dollars guy told me it was 40 but its not its 36"x24"x18" then I've bought another filter . One is a tetra 45-70 and I got a 20-40 tetra on clearance at walmart for 15 dollars.I managed to make 2 rock cavea and buy 8 fake plants i've read about the cycling but I didn't have a option so the fish r in the tank I've added the tap safe ph stuff and safestart an been WC when ammonia gets high( these fish are nasty) I made my light fixture for now usin clip on fixtures and 6500k bulbs so its suppose to be 120 watts or 26 cdl( can't afford the 120 for t5 fixture). Well that's all I got ill figure out where the question spot is so I can figure out if my filters are good enough and a way to make my lighting better. And I got 2 air pumps bubble curtain and 2 5" stones . Any advice would be helpfulThanks Andrew
P.s. I know the goldfish cant stay in this tank forever I'm going to give tem away when I find someone to get them were I can keep a community tank

Welcome aboard. Wow what a deal on the tank. Your filtration should be adequate although i do not use tetra filters. If you are looking for a quality HOB filter you can try the Aqua Clear or the Aqueon filter as they are very good or a canister filter would be great for that size tank, maybe a Fluval Canister filter. i agree the goldfish are nasty i personally do not enjoy keeping them. They do enjoy cooler water so you will likely not have to have a heater. Aqueon also sells some good light fixtures that should be relatively cheap just buy one at a time until you have both fixtures. In the meantime you may try to save up for an aquarium heater if you are wishing to develop a community tank after you get rid of the goldfish as most of the tropical fish most people enjoy keeping need heated tanks from the 70's to 80's depending on the fish you keep.

Wow. You've done a great job rescuing them. Ask and you will receive any help or advice you ask for here. In the meantime it sounds like you are on top of things!

Back
Top Bottom