Hey there!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShadowbearWV

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I've been doing freshwater tanks for about 15 years now and have always wanted to take the plunge into saltwater. Little over a month ago I setup a 12g Aquapod, currently housing LR, LS, 1 mantis, 1 donkey dung cucumber, 1 mithrax crab, 2 hermits, and 2 whelks. Of course not added at the same time.

After doing more research I found a company called Tampa Bay Saltwater that sells true LR and LS, along with a CuC. At this point I had already had the 12g setup and was becomming unhappy with it's performance. So I decide to setup a 20g tall tank using the Tampa Bay Saltwater Package. It has been going almost 2 weeks and is finishing up the Nitrogen Cycle.

The next part of my plan is to use the current occupents of the 12g Aquapod to setup a Refugium for the 20g.

I have a tiny house so anything bigger wasn't in the plan, however, I've become quite addicted and am now try to spec out a space for a new 72g Bowfront reef ready. It will take some redecorating and some save up of money buy that's the plan.

I decided to join the forum since there seemed to be some people in my area and finding a decent LFS around here is a pain. Will also be nice to have local people I can talk to.

So that's it for me, sorry for rambling on! See ya on the boards.

SB

img_934014_0_537f3eec1c7c850f65ffa95c8a017e4f.jpg

Welcome SB! I'm not far from you, just a bit up 81 in Martinsburg. Great to see another local. :)

Thanks all for the very warm welcome.

That's what really drew me to these forums was the amount of locals.

Wish I had some good questions atm with all this attention but kind of just in the setup phase and haven't gotten much further.

I do have one thing going on with my 20g, I have a ton and I mean a ton of microbubbles for my AquaC Remora Nano Skimmer. It's been running just about 3 weeks and my tank looks horrible. It's also one **** loud pump, can barely here my TV over the thing.

SB

FYI order an octopus skimmer, with hope of better luck.

Back
Top Bottom