Hi!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DwarfGouramiCrazy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I am new to AA and just got my account! I have a 55 gallon live planted community tank, with guppies, dwarf gouramies, mollies, platies, ghost shrimp, bandit cory catfish, otocinclus cats, neon tetras, penguin tetras, two african dwarf frogs, and some accidental snails, which I am in the process of getting rid of... For my plants, I only have water sprite and some cabomba, but I hope to get some foreground plants soon. I am looking forward to reading posts and helping out the best I can. Thanks!

Hi! I'm fighting the snail problem too. You can add assassin snails, put lettuce leaves in and grab 'em out when snails climb on, use a net and just keep grabbing them out. I just added some Yoyo loaches to my tank as they eat snails. I have plans to move them to my new tank as they grow. It will probably get snails too, lol. Sometimes I keep a big cup half full of water sitting by the tank, and every time I pass by, just net out as many snails as I see on the glass. Then i empty the cup outside. This seems to have made a big dent in the population.
Good luck! You should post some pics of your tank. :)

Thanks for the tips, I have been netting them out for about a week now, and they wont stop coming! I will definitely try the lettuce trick! I will try to post some pictures of my tank soon, hope they come out ok.

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• image-2139041312.jpg
    image-2139041312.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3644273085.jpg
    image-3644273085.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 81
  • image-887671954.jpg
    image-887671954.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 80
Welcome to AA great place and glad you joined!!! Love your tank!! I like community tanks!

Back
Top Bottom