Hi All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lardeelion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everybody.

New here.

I've been keeping fish for almost 10 years now. Started out totally clueless, and have learned the hard way about most things fish. I can even personally vouch for what 55 gallons of water looks like when it explodes all over your living room at 1am a few days before your wedding! (I can also assure you that yes, that vent in my floor beside the tank stand does go down to the furnace. :()

Currently I have a 55-gallon planted community tank, a 10-gallon planted tank that "belongs to my 6-year-old", and I'm cycling the ever-popular Petco 6.6 bookshelf. I'm also trying to clean up the mess I made preparing hot water bottles and battery-powered airstones and warming quilts just in case Sandy knocked out the power. Here in northern WV we lucked out and everybody stayed warm.

I'm writing this with a 2-year-old mauling me, which is why my big tank deserves so much love now. I've recommitted to its health, having let it slide for a while during the kids' babyhoods. Just recently I've made a second attempt at live plants, and this time I am determined to get it right. Hoping to get as much guidance from you friendly folk as I can.

So, howdy.

WELCOME! we have many a parent here! I highly suggest you lock your aquarium cabinet. There is a member here whose little one, decided the tank needed a little vitamin C and added her morning OJ into the tank right into the sump. I also suggest because little ones like adding food and it's easy to add the whole can! My cousin did that to my grandfathers tank!

That's funny you say that....just last night I was on the phone with poison control. Apparently ich medicine, in small quantities, isn't deadly. Mom of the Year.

read through the unhealthy section, sometimes you'll see a story there. I'd also keep the oj out of reach just in case. your 2 year old reads this!

Back
Top Bottom