Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi from RI

I'm 32 and I've been an addict for my entire life.
From a 5 gal glass carbouy turned lamp with a single 10" goldfish in it as a nursury night-light. they start 'em young in my family.
I guess I'll start with current tanks, and issues.

The first 2 are my fathers, the others are my grandfathers, I'm......having enough trouble keeping they're tanks going for them. they combine for 130 years of outdated and stubborn experience. My father is an unabashed minimalist. my grandfather......uugg....still dumps the test solutions back in the tank.

tank #1 30gXL fw, housing only a pair of 5" mystery cichlids. there's a strong possibility they're blue acara/green terror mules. I'll post pics soon, as they go through the classic cichlid spawning ritual daily, for almost 2 YEARS!!! I think they were bought as elec. blue jack dempseys.

tank #2 30gXL fw, a pair of T. trico. blue and a clown loach, heavily planted and under-lit doing ok but no sign of even a small bubblenest.

tank #3 30gh fw, a similar pair of mystery cichlids(guess who got a deal on the first dozen) along with another half dozen from another brood(dealer, buddy????ug) and a pair of turquoise jewel ciclids, aside from the first pair the others are all about 2.5"

tank #4 10g fw way over-planted, 3 amazon swords, 4 Cryptocorine, a couple of random Vallisenaria, and a banana plant. with ANOTHER pair of mystery cichlids, closest I can get is Laetacara Theyeri (again pics forthcoming) along with a small pair of Keyhole cichlids and a couple of FAT Coryadoras leo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0226.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	26777  

justjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Welcome to the forum!

uscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Yo Joe! Welcome to AA!!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com