Hi, just getting started.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happymom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just came across this site while looking for possible solutions to the problems we are having with our fresh water 29 gallon bio cube tank, which houses 2 blood red parrots and 2 algea eaters. Hoping someone may have some ideas on things that may help our tank from getting cloudy right after a tank change, and ways that might help prevent us from having to change the tank every few weeks to once a month.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Your water might be getting cloudy because the tank is too small for the fish. After doing a little bit research, I discovered that Blood Parrots need 50 gallon tanks.

Red Parrot

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!
Blood parrots get big and need a larger tank than 29g I believe.

Just getting started.

Thanks all for your advice. I was thinking maybe the problem from the begining was our tank would to small for the parrots, but the guy at the pet store said we should have no problem. So after speaking with my sis ter we have decided to t rade out my parrots for her smaller fish since she has a 65 gallon tank. I think the parrots will be happier in her tank and have more room to grow.

Back
Top Bottom