Howdy Y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MbunaJon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Greetings fellow fish lovers. I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I've had many types of fish of the years but my favorites will always be Mbunas. A close second in my heart are Oscars. Currently, I'm starting a 90 gallon Mbuna tank. I will welcome any discussions to be had on these wonderfully, gorgeous, feisty little guys.

I'm also interested in attempting to make acrylic tanks. Had anyone attempted one and have any advice? Can a small one be made with the acrylic sheets they sell at home depot or Lowes that's 1/4" thick? They make it look so easy on TV and you tube. How hard can it be?? Lol!

My idea is to build a couple small planted community tanks or nano reef tanks to get the build down. Then build a larger 300+/- gallon one for Oscars and compatible mates. That's the plan but we will see....

Outside of my finned friends, I am a family man. I play bass guitar, go to church and spend my fall days in a tree stand. Let me know if you have these common interests as well. I look forward to chatting with everyone here as it looks like there are some real fish whisperers on this site! HA !

People say Y'all in Ohio? ;)

I'd say, for an acrylic tank, you'll want 3/8's and a way to shore it up, but I'll go with Andy. I'd ask in the DIY section. You can probably find someone there that's done it by searching that particular area.

Back
Top Bottom