Howdy Y'all from Central TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DLeRiche

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just joined the site yesterday. Located in the Austin, TX area. I have already found the forums very helpful. Thanks for everyone's participation.

I got into the hobby about 5 years ago when I got a goldfish for my daughter before realizing all that was required in keeping fish. I am sure some of us have similar stories. Over the years I have had a few community tanks.

I am in the process of setting up a 125g African Cichlid tank. I am leaning towards a Peacock/Hap Malawi tank. Not a fan of the Mbuna, I really like Tangs but care and price scare me off there. I hear Tangs are real sensitive to water quality. Any way the tank is still empty, so I could still be convinced to go a certain route if someone makes a strong enough case.

The current one I have setup is a 75G Community Tank w/ 2 - Eheim Ecco Pro 2234 canisters for filtration. Inhabitants are:
6 - Cherry Barb
6 - Hexazon Barb
6 - Zebra Danio
3 - Kribensis Cichlid
1 - Rainbow Shark
1 - Bristlenose Pleco
1 - Royal Pleco L191

I look forward to hearing from y'all on the forums.

Attachments

• 75G_Community.jpg
    75G_Community.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 69
Welcome to the forum :) cool looking tank!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Nice looking tank. I love the look of cichlids but I like live plants and they don't mix well often. Look forward to seeing your tank fully stocked.

Back
Top Bottom