New from California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceanbreezes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi ~ I am not very experienced although have had an aquarium for several years in an effort to keep a sailfin pleco my daughter brought home from school 9 years ago... I joined today in hopes of finding some information on an issue I am currently having with him/her not eating... what started out as a 1 1/2" fish is now easily 12" and quite large -- has been in a tank alone till I recently added a male betta -- it's 20 gal tank. I've struggled since moving with the ph - but I think I'm getting that under control - it kept dropping (not sure why) and the water was constantly cloudy -- that seems to have resolved. Both under gravel and outside filtering. Other than not eating and his wafers are molding so I have to take them out if they don't pull under the gravel fast enough - he seems to be fine - sucking on the glass - resting on the bottom - he never did/does much but hang out. I've always fed him the algae wafer (larger green ones). 1 every night - sometimes every other night. Any ideas on why he won't eat now? thanks for any advice you can share

Back
Top Bottom