New in sweltering ECFL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyehaven

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to the boards, but have been keeping fish for a few years now in an office environment. I live caught a few mosquito fish here in hot, sunny FL and they're loving their deluxe accomodations.

I decided to try keeping fish at home and have a 6.6 gal tank that I've started cycling. I've noticed that during the day my water temps can rise to 80-85 degrees. I don't have a/c, so this is basically what the water temps are going to have to be during the day, at least in the summer time.

I've been trying to research what kinds of fish I'll be able to keep at these temps and I'm really not having a whole lot of luck. As you can imagine, searching aquarium information for words like "warm" and "water" doesn't yield the most helpful results. I know warm water tanks are a subset of the hobby and I hope someone can help me with advice on fish that will be happy at these temps.

From my research it looks like I might be able to keep a betta, but I was really hoping to be able to keep something slightly more active. I know the tank is small, but it's actually got a pretty good footprint. It's the old Petco 6.6 gal "bookshelf" aquarium; the dimensions are 23.75" long, 7.5" deep, and 9" high. However, the 7.5" depth includes a one-half inch bow in front. I'm wondering if I could get away with a small school of tropical fish, like danios.

Does this sound to you all like it would work?

Welcome to AA, I would copy and paste that in its own thread in the freshwater section. Lots of people just copy and paste their hello into these threads. You'll get more help in there.

Back
Top Bottom