New member from TX, first "real" tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candacecook1025

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I am an obsessive researcher so I have been stalking the forums for a couple of months, getting all the information I could before setting up my new tank. I checked out several different forums, but this one is the best so I decided I may as well join in the conversation!

I have had "fish tanks" as a kid but never learned how to do it properly. Since then I have kept bettas and love them. My new tank is my first "real" venture in the hobby and I LOVE it! I chose an aquarium over meds as a way to lower stress and blood pressure, and it is working. It is so peaceful to watch your little fish friends swimming around. (Of course, listening to the hubby go on and on about how much $$ I've put into this hobby already has the opposite effect lol!)

I have already been surprised at how attached I have become to my little fish and how interesting they are!

I have a 60G long FW planted community tank. I did a fishless cycle that seemed to take forever, in my very impatient opinion, but it finally made it after a few weeks. I starting stocking the tank a couple of weeks ago. My son really wanted guppies, so I used that as a starting point. I probably won't have anything super fancy, but I am okay with that. I did hours and HOURS of research on different fishies (and now think I may need to have another tank in the future!) and think I have it worked out. Here's the plan so far, but please feel free to comment if it doesn't seem right, or if you have a recommendation for tank mates:

6-guppies 2M, 4F (already have them. I am sure we will soon have several more, since two females are already pregnant! Looks like I will need to find homes for some.)
12-neon tetra (already have them)
RCS (I have 9, a couple females are berried, but since they are in a community tank, I don't think the babies will make it. May get some more.)
Rummy nose tetra-these awesome fish are the reason I set up the tank the way I did...can't WAIT to get a shoal of them!

I am also considering adding a pair of Peacock Gudgeons or Dwarf Gouramis. Any thoughts?

Anyways, just wanted to make my first of hopefully many posts. Thanks for all the awesome info I have learned so far!

Candace

Back
Top Bottom