new to forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarianewby39

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey everyone Aaron here from Minnesota.
I have a 20g. tank with 5 neon tetras, 5 red minor tetras, 3 lamp eyes, 3 black skirts, and 2 corys. it has a rocky substrate with a few live plants and a large piece of drift wood in it. I am aware that it is overstocked but i've had this tank set-up for a about 6 of months now and i haven't had any problems with it.
However i do have a 55g. tank that i received from a friend that i play hockey with who couldnt keep it any longer, so i have it now. It came with pebbles and a few bigger rocks (I switched the pebbles out with sand and added some drift wood). it also contained 3 angelfish, all about 3-4 inches in diameter, a kissing gourami, who's about 5-6 inches long, and a larger orange barb, about 3-4 inches long. I'd like to convert this tank into a south american cichlid tank but idk if i should sell my other fish before i add the cichlids or will they live together as long as i provide hiding places and other items for territorial purposes.
I'd like to gain more knowledge about what i can do with this 55g. tank to maximize its potential and also keeping its inhabitants happy and healthy. also getting any tips to improve my 20g. as well would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Hey Aaron. You can check out this site.. aqadvisor.com

You can enter the dimensions of your tank and your specific filter. You can then select fish you're interested in and it will give you stocking and compatibility information. Its not the end all be all but its a great resource. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom