New to Golds in SoFLA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
e30 gangsta said:
My name is Guillermo, pleasure to meet you.

1 tank. And yeah my nitrite and ammonia looked ok on the strips, but im going home to test it with the api master kit i just bought to get a accurate reading. If im higher than .20 nitrite or ammonia ill be doing %25 pwc until it gets better.

No iphone here :( I wish.

Pleasure meeting you too Guillermo.

Def cool meeting another newbie. Look forward to sharing more info and helping each other out.

The API test is def better. Sounds like you are catching on quickly. What type filter you using. I'm using the Penguin 350 with bio-wheel. Actually two of them due to bio load of golds.

Wow nice! I don't really know how bio wheels work. Right now I am using a aqueon quiet flow 10. It seems to do its job well, and its super quiet I love it.

Way better than the in tank one that came with my kit.

e30 gangsta said:
Wow nice! I don't really know how bio wheels work. Right now I am using a aqueon quiet flow 10. It seems to do its job well, and its super quiet I love it.

Way better than the in tank one that came with my kit.

One came with the aquarium kit I bought. After research I decided to get another. Bio wheels provide an area for the BB to grow and colonize. It creates a slight waterfall sound effect which is kept to a minimal with higher water level.

Using any live plants? They help to naturally control water toxic levels.

I'm a believer in trying to not use too many chemicals. Try to control parameters naturally as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom