New to the Board from NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommiejr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay...so I finally scrolled down far enough to see this :)

My name is Tommie, guess you could figure that one out on your. I am 40 years old and have been working fresh tanks and koi ponds since I was 20. (See post: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=512&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120 ) I am married and have 5 kids. YES FIVE!!! Took that many to figure out what was causing it :lol:

I am a jeweler by trade specializing is custom design and casting. You can learn more about that at our website: http://www.pernellenterprises.com .

I live in Apex NC, USA. Not far from Jordan Lake, aka Jordan Pastures in the summer time.

When the shop permits, I injoy saltwater fishing and working with my pond. Just can not get enough fish! I also build and maintain all the computers for my entire family. Last count was 15 systems.

About the only time I can remember in the last 20 years not having a fish tank of some sorts was the time I spent serving our country in the Navy.

I do not claim to an expert on fish, tanks, and ponds by no means. I do know quite a bit about them, but I still have a lot to learn. Guess that is what makes it so much fun. Seeing what kind of trouble I can get into and learning how to get out of it.

I am currently maintaining a 55 gal bow front mixed cichlid tank and a 2000 gal (soon to be a 2 pond system totaling 3000 gal) koi pond. The tank is really my wife's but I maintain it for her. The pond houses about 20 koi ranging from 6 to 15 inches as well as 10 to 12 comets. Most are the more unusual colorations. I visit my lfs just about every week to see what new stock has come in. I have several that he pulled out for me before I ever got there. Good to have an inside edge sometimes.

I am really glad I found this board as I have already learned a lot and will more than likely learn a lot more.

Thanks for the great info...

Tommie in NC

Hey Tommie!
Welcome. I have mixed cichlids--Africans and South Americans (I didn't do my homework that day!). What type of cichlids do you have?
All advice is greatly appreciated.

About the only time I can remember in the last 20 years not having a fish tank of some sorts was the time I spent serving our country in the Navy.
You belong in the F/W 10 & Over Club. Let Reefrunner69 know :wink:

All advice is greatly appreciated. Check out the Getting started and Unhealthy fish forums--advice is ALWAYS needed.

BTW--nice avatar! Where were you when I was picking out my engagement ring???

Welcome to the board, Tommie! We are happy to have you and I am sure you will find the site helpful, and others will benefit from your experience.

Very nice avatar! :D

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

Yo!.........Glad you're here.....I know you'll fit in with the rest of us! 0X

Hello and welcome Tommie.
Glad to have another person with alot of experience with us.
Hope ya enjoy the site.

Thanks for the welcomes.

My cichlid tank is actualy mixed sa'a and africans. Not to may though. 1 parrot, 1 green terror, and a couple of blue electras ( one male and one female, hope they will mate). They all seem to get along okay. As long as everybody minds the territory "fences".

Thanks for compliment. The avatar is a ring I designed for myself. The stone is a custom cut (my design) in a yellow and white gold mixed mount. Once I get it finish, I will trade out the render with the finished one.

Thanks again

Tommie in NC

Hi Tommie and welcome. It sure its nice to see a fellow nc resident here havent seen to many as of yet! Im in Wilmington so give me a ring next time you plan on going salt water fishing! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom