Newbie to aquariums.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orifii

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello from Australia

I have been reading the forums for a few months now, researching on stocking and general aquarium care.

Trying to save a bit more money for my first aquarium, so I am planning a 120x40x50cm (48x16x20) African Lake Malawi. 240Litre (Just under 65G)

Beginner at fish so i was going to try 5-6 Lab. Caeruleus, 5-6 Iodotropheus Sprengerae, and 5-6 Pseudotropheus Acei. Ratio 1M:4F
Also 2-3 Cuckoo catfish and 2-3Bristlenose Catfish.

Filter i am thinking an Eheim 2217.

Any advice or suggestions on this setup so far?
Thanks

Orifii said:
Hello from Australia

I have been reading the forums for a few months now, researching on stocking and general aquarium care.

Trying to save a bit more money for my first aquarium, so I am planning a 120x40x50cm (48x16x20) African Lake Malawi. 240Litre (Just under 65G)

Beginner at fish so i was going to try 5-6 Lab. Caeruleus, 5-6 Iodotropheus Sprengerae, and 5-6 Pseudotropheus Acei. Ratio 1M:4F
Also 2-3 Cuckoo catfish and 2-3Bristlenose Catfish.

Filter i am thinking an Eheim 2217.

Any advice or suggestions on this setup so far?
Thanks

Omg Aussies!! I'm from Aus to! What part? Good old Perth here! Sounds great!! How much will the 65g cost u? I'm guessing over $600 with cabinet!

Omg Aussies!! I'm from Aus to! What part? Good old Perth here! Sounds great!! How much will the 65g cost u? I'm guessing over $600 with cabinet!

I'm from Adelaide. Are there many Aussies using this forum?

I have been quoted from $775 to $1000 just for cabinet, hood and aquarium. Not sure whether to go for a locally built one ($1000) or the cheaper one.

Orifii said:
I'm from Adelaide. Are there many Aussies using this forum?

I have been quoted from $775 to $1000 just for cabinet, hood and aquarium. Not sure whether to go for a locally built one ($1000) or the cheaper one.

Hmm ya. It's pretty dang expensive here in Perth too. Around that price range depending on the looks and brand I believe! Argh I wish i was in the us! U can get $1 for each gallon! That's 65 dollars for the tank!!! Hahaha

So far ive found about 4 including us two. Though they ain't that active.

Back
Top Bottom