newish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoneFishing

Aquarium Advice Freak
Guess I should write here and say some things. I have had a 29 gallon planted tank for 8ish months. It needs some help, more plants more fish and some accessory love, but for the most part I really enjoy aquatics. I seem to have issues with cleaning and testing on a regular basis, also adding water from evaporation.... have nasty lime on my glass now.. but other than that I hope to gain the knowledge to keep my tank lookin its best!

Stock list
4 fancy guppies (male)
1 cory cat
3 amazon sword

Like I said I need to add to my stock lol.

Future stock is gonna total
6-8 guppies (male)
6 cory
2 bushynose pleco
6 shrimp

For plants I'm hoping to add a plant pack from foster & smith.

Feel free to chime in with your two cents as I am still considering myself a noob. Thanks for takin the time to read this post!

welcome to AA! :D make sure to read the stickies in the planted tank section, there is some great links & info in there--there is definitely more to live plants than you would think (they aren't hard, but you need to know about lighting and the proper plants to buy for what equipment you have)

also, if you plan a time once a week for PWC's (partial water changes) you won't have to worry about topping off and lime scale stains. weekly PWC's is what's recommended (around here anyway ;)) to keep your tank healthy and clean :)

welcome to AA i currently also have a 29 gallon and will have all the fish u said and more haha so i guess we can help eachother out

mommytron said:
welcome to AA! :D make sure to read the stickies in the planted tank section, there is some great links & info in there--there is definitely more to live plants than you would think (they aren't hard, but you need to know about lighting and the proper plants to buy for what equipment you have)

also, if you plan a time once a week for PWC's (partial water changes) you won't have to worry about topping off and lime scale stains. weekly PWC's is what's recommended (around here anyway ;)) to keep your tank healthy and clean :)

Thanks for the pointer, ill have to catch up on some reading!

allaboutfish said:
welcome to AA i currently also have a 29 gallon and will have all the fish u said and more haha so i guess we can help eachother out

That's awesome! Makes me feel better that my fish selection is interesting enough that someone else has the same stuff!

ha awesome ill need some pics when your setup i havent even gotten a stand yet but heres my stocking
8- male guppies,
8-juli corys,
6-ghost shrimp,
1-appistogramma cichlid or bolivian ram,
1-bushynose pleco (albino),
1-dwarf gourmi.
it's a little bit overstocked but ive got the filter to handle it :)

allaboutfish said:
ha awesome ill need some pics when your setup i havent even gotten a stand yet but heres my stocking
8- male guppies,
8-juli corys,
6-ghost shrimp,
1-appistogramma cichlid or bolivian ram,
1-bushynose pleco (albino),
it's a little bit overstocked but ive got the filter to handle it :)
1-dwarf gourmi

Are you gonna do planted?

I changed my list a little
6 Guppy
4 Albino cory's
1 Albino bristlenose
10 ghost shrimp

And center piece is in the air between a swordtail and a molly

yea my plants will be
zava fern, java moss, micro sword, anubius nana,and anubius barteri var. barteri.

allaboutfish said:
yea my plants will be
zava fern, java moss, micro sword, anubius nana,and anubius barteri var. barteri.

I believe the cichlid likes to dig up plants. I have really only seen rockscaping done with cichlids. Not sure about the ram though

apistos and rams are far more docile than other cichlids ... they are better suited for community tanks than other cichlids as well

mommytron said:
apistos and rams are far more docile than other cichlids ... they are better suited for community tanks than other cichlids as well

I always just thought to stay away from cichlids in community tanks. That's why my dream tank is nothing but cichlids lol

allaboutfish said:
dwarf cichlids or more docile and peaceful and can be kept with plants

Ahh did not know that. I am actually surprised that I know as much as I do. It's all thanks to this awesome forum!

Back
Top Bottom