planted aquarium newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

permagrin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all
I wish this site existed about 12 years ago. And if it did I wish I knew about it. Anyways I have two tanks (45 gal and 20 gal) about 14 years ago I had both set up. The 20 gal full of tiger barbs with no real plants and the 45 with various tropical fish (tetras, gouramis etc) with some real plants. At first the plants flourished ( I had one growing out of the tank......24" high tank). So I thought this plant growing was easy. Let's just say it didn't last to long. My real goal with this website is to be a better PLANT GROWER
My tank has been down for years and I've been itching to get it back to life again. The time has come and I have brought it back to life again ( but maybe too soon). I have learned so much on this website in just a week. And I am hoping that on this website that I can get a little help. I am amazed on how much knowledge is on this website. So I hope you all can help me on sculpting an amazing tank.

Help I need on is : lights and CO2

Anyways if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

First of all you'll need plants that are hardy and that will do well in your water PH etc. Hardy plants make it through cycling better. For example. java moss, Sagittaria, Amazon swordplant these are all hardy and relatively inexpensive plant that look really nice in an aquarium.

Welcome to AA!

Check out the FW planted forum, and post any questions you have there. There are a lot of folks who would love to help you get a planted tank going the right way!

Welcome to AA! As suggested check out the planted tank forum. Our planted tank folks will be able to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom