Should I upgrade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bregirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New girl! Need advice on Upgrading!

Hello! I am a fish lover and love my aquarium! I currently have a 38gallon fish tank and in the past at one time I had a 20 gallon and a 36 gallon! I came here for advice because I have twins that are 3 months old and it seems like it's hard to find the time to clean my little fish tank as often as I need to, so my question is, would it be better and less maintenance to upgrade to a bigger tank? Thanks in Advance!

Congratulations on your little people!

I would say don't change anything quite yet. You are going to be very busy for the next.... Wait, when do you get a break?

But seriously, if you have a stable tank, enjoy it for what it is for now.

I agree with nirbhao; a larger tank isn't necessarily less maintenance. Welcome to the forum, in any case.

Thank you! I get some small breaks here and there but of course I have to shower and do laundry and eat on those breaks I completely cleaned it out 2weeks ago and now it needs it again, I think I will eventually have to get a bigger tank because I don't want to get rid of my fish since I've had them for so long and they will outgrow this tank!

First of all, congratulations:)

I would suggest a 20-40gallon size, if you would like a tank that's big enough to go a little while between cleaning, but not so big that cleaning is time consuming

Of my three tanks, my 29gallon bow front is easiest to maintain. I do weekly 2-bucket changes on it, and my system is stable. For filter, I like to over compensate a bit, so I run an aqua clear 50 and a whisper 10. Maintenance is about 1/2 hour a week and a few minutes each day for feeding and siphoning waste

I also have a 38bpwfront but cleaning is a pain as it's high.....though it needs cleaning a little less often than the 29, it requires more buckets hauled and is more work to clean ...this one takes me closer to an hour

Something like this could work for you, leaving you to enjoy your new family:)

Back
Top Bottom