Tanks are like potato chips...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

understatedgrey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
You can't stop at just one!

I got started in aquaria only a few years ago when my mother wanted to set-up a tank for my autistic sister. Come to find out that's all I need to turn my fish switch into the on position. Since then I've been completely enamored with fish.

Due to finances (cue the woeful ballad of the college student.) I had to be content with reading, staring at pictures and smushing my face against the glass at the local public aquariums. I've only had my own aquarium for about 7 months. It's a -very simple- setup for my VT male betta, Tuna. That fish has so much bloody attitude, he thinks he's a shark. One afternoon when I was 'vacuuming' the bottom of his tank, he decided to jump up and bite my nose. Now that he has a taste for human flesh... I try to appease him with ping pong balls before cleaning.

Just yesterday, my yard sale going parents snaggged a 50 gallon tank, with hoods, and a filter as an early birthday gift for me. (I think they might be pirates just between you and me... at least they're nice pirates) That tank is currently sitting in my living room mocking me as I slowly build up funds to buy the necessary equipment so I can eventually fill it with awesome fish. Though I better at least move the tank from Tuna's line of sight. That little barracuda keeps looking at that tank like it's his...

Back
Top Bottom