150 gal filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robbiemngm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is a good filtration system for a150 gal fresh water tank

Hi, with a tank that large my thoughts would be a good canister filter. They move a lot of water and the options you have for media are outstanding. I went from a large hang on power filter to a canister filter just a while ago and I wish I had done it sooner. Just research a lot before you buy! The canister filters really keep the water clean!

Hi, with a tank that large my thoughts would be a good canister filter. They move a lot of water and the options you have for media are outstanding. I went from a large hang on power filter to a canister filter just a while ago and I wish I had done it sooner. Just research a lot before you buy! The canister filters really keep the water clean!

Thank you that's what I was thinking too so I think that's what I will do any suggestions on brands and or sizes

Canister Filters

The one I went with is an API Filstar. It works great and is easy to clean. It has the quick disconnects so there is no mess or repriming. Fluval, Marineland and Eheim are also reliable according to reviews. They all work basically the same. If it is in your budget I would get one thats a step up from what you actually need . Its hard to over filter a good setup and it provides for room to grow and heavier fish loads. Best of luck with which ever you choose. :)

The one I went with is an API Filstar. It works great and is easy to clean. It has the quick disconnects so there is no mess or repriming. Fluval, Marineland and Eheim are also reliable according to reviews. They all work basically the same. If it is in your budget I would get one thats a step up from what you actually need . Its hard to over filter a good setup and it provides for room to grow and heavier fish loads. Best of luck with which ever you choose. :)

Thanks I'll try that

Thanks my buddy said the same thing. Nice green terror by the way I like

Back
Top Bottom