ATO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdang

Aquarium Advice Activist
What ATO's are you guys and gals using?

I have a 29 with a 20L sump.

I bought one of amazon and I'm returning it because it shuts off before it gets level.

Any recommendations?

I use a JBJ as well with a maxijet for the return pump. An aqualifter will work just fine as well.
Great ATO, I actually have a few of them running.

I have the jbj and the aqua lifter and it's not staying on long enough to fill to level

I looked at it today and the float valve was not touching any water. Maybe the pump is too weak?

Set to mode "a" with one float in the sump?

ANd where is the other float at? should be in your reservoir.
i found the aqualifter to take too much time to run to fill the sump up so I switched to a higher output pump. Coudl be risky though if you dont have enough room in your sump to hold alt of water just in case the pump doesnt shut off.

There is a automatic timer shut off on the JBJ ATO. Maybe that is what is preventing the pump to fully fill. It's a safety feature.

You can modify the time before shut off :

http://www.jbjlighting.com/prod-ato-faqs.html

The aqualifter can slow down a lot with any significant lift height.

I use just an aqualifter set as a drip line as an ATO. It works fine.

I used the aqualifter pump with the jbj ato system, and it was to slow and time out. Since then I've been using a pico pump and it works great.

Thanks Blenny! I'm going to adjust the time and see if that solves it. The aqualift might be the issue here because it's so slow.

Thanks everyone!!

Yeah. It has a timer that will stop the pump after 14 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom