Changing to LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is the link to the fixture I bought I bought. Should be here on Wednesday. I will test the test it out and let you know. But at 12-16" above the water I am sure it would cover 36" tank. I will let u know

http://bit.ly/OoT1zd

I see you ordered them, congrats.

I dont think i actually have any shots of the full spectrums, lol, everything but.

You very well may be one of those people that like the color, like I said its totally your preference.

Good luck, let us know how you like them
:)

Yea just search around. I am sure you can find a good deal. And like she said it is completely a personal preference. :) good luck and let us know how it goes

Most people require paypal. IMO it's the safest for both people. It makes sure they get their money and paypal makes sure they don't get any of your financial information.

Is there always a 6 day delai before you can add money in the paypal account

Hmmm never heard of that. I have my paypal connect to my bank account so I have no need to transfer. When I click buy, PayPal takes the money out of my account and sends it to them instantly

Is there always a 6 day delai before you can add money in the paypal account

There is a delay unless you also have your credit card tied to your paypal account. The delay is to transfer and verify the funds. Once you have a credit card tied on you don't have to transfer you just buy and it will debit your account and if the funds are not there it will charge your credit card.

LOL...ya gotta watch what pics you post ;)

Tang-Police.jpg

I argued with my son, who is also a reef keeper, about the difference. I have the cheap Chinese blue/white panels on my main reef and RapidLED full spectrum fixtures on the frag tank. Also have the DYI full spectrum at the office. After living with them, I prefer the full spectrum. The reds pop better. And I have some pretty difficult corals growing under them pretty fast. But no science behind it, just observation. I would add I am not a fan of the blue look. As a diver, that's what everything looks like under 50' and I thought it was pretty boring looking until I would turn on my dive lights. Then the reef exploded with the yellows and reds. That is probably why I like full spectrum. I have a GARF purple bonsai that I always wanted to grow, growing fast now under the full spectrum. When it gets bigger I may frag it and see how it does under blue/white and if there's any growth difference.

Since corals don't use the blue and green I think it's just about PAR. X amount of PAR for X amount of time.

I tend to agree with that, but I also can't say that the full spectrum doesn't grow corals, because it does it just fine. I think the color pallet is deeper with the full spectrum. That is just a visual observation. If the various additional frequencies in the blue spectrum help with coral growth, that is something you need to see tested by a neutral source, not the manufacturer.

And corals that grow in 30' and shallower get a different spectrum than the deeper ones do. So these algae are pretty flexible as to the colors they absorb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom