Fitting Fluval 205 to Roma 90 tank, please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys, I have just bought a Fluval 205 filter from a guy at work (1 month old) as he has upgraded to one of the G3's. He has given me some brackets that won't fit due to the design of the Roma 90 tank, so need some help and advice of how I go about getting the inlet and outlet pips into the tank.
Has anyone done this, is it possible, all help will be greatly appreciated!!

Regards
Sam.

i had to do this with my roma tank to fit my fluval 305 because i didnt want to drill holes in my cabinet for my intake and output. please list exactly what parts you have with your 305 and i will tell you what you need

i had to do this with my roma tank to fit my fluval 305 because i didnt want to drill holes in my cabinet for my intake and output. please list exactly what parts you have with your 305 and i will tell you what you need

Hi mate, I have the Fluval 205 not the 305, the hoses I have need to be cut down as they are way to long. Since I put the post up I looked and on the hood where the two holes for the cable to come through the back are there is the bit of plastic that can but cut out so I think if I cut that out, then I should be able to fit the intake and outlet pipes (with brackets and connection he let me have from his new G3 as he doesn't need them). Going to have the intake up one end of the tank and the outlet up the other end, hope that all makes sense? :)

no problem, hope it goes well

Cheers mate, looked again at a setup guide and I need the brackets, inlet pips and outlet nozzle that come with the filter (these I don't have) so need to source them from ebay and I should be ready to go. :)

Back
Top Bottom