Good light timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GSXRDan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering if anyone knew of any high quality light timers? I am currently on my second Coralife dual timer strip. The first one couldn't keep time for **** and neither can the new one. Its 6 noe and my light has been on for an hour when it shouldnt come on until 7. I am leaving for the Arym soon and want to make the tank as maitenance free for my parents as possible. Please help

Go to Wal-mart. You can get a digital timer for $15. Works great and very reliable.

If your only problem is that it doesn't keep time well, and the only reason you want it to is because of maintenance for your parents, who cares if it can keep time. It will still stay on for the preset number of hours a day. It just might not be the exact hours you want it to. I use a cheap one from Walmart like you use for xmas lights.

And if you get a digi make sure you can replace the battery in it..... I spent $25 on a digi timer and found out when the batt went dead it was wired into the board and could not be replaced..... I got a nice one at HD.....

Got 2 from Wal Mart, easy to adjust and they are digital, 15 -20 bucks, worth every penny. I hate the 'analog' timers, they start to get off a good bit over a couple months..Either way, some good advice above, make sure they are 3 prong!

GL!

Ace Hardware and #13.95 for a good timer. I have three of them and they are all mechanical, less to contend with than the digital ones.

Back
Top Bottom