Have VHO retro kit coming - what bulbs to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now my next question is should a get a 2nd VHO kit later down the road when my wife allows me to or should I break the bank and get a dual MH retro kit and combine the 2
i really do want to get sea anemones....not sure as to what other corals but i hate to be limited

If you can convince your wife to let you buy a MH kit, go for that. Save the money on a second VHO kit and buy a MH Retro..you can get a reasonable setup for relatively cheap.

Get URI 10k and URI SuperActinic bulbs. Something like $22 and $24 each, respectively.

I'd combine the VHO with MH, of course. But when you get MH swap the 10k for an 18k to add some color to your tank, assuming you will go as pure white/blue as possible with the MH.

Just some suggestions. :)

so basically i wont be able to to keep sea anemones with 4 VHO?
the part i dont like about the MH is not only is the kit MH pricey but the darn bulbs are outragouse - how long do they last?

MH bulbs are just as much as VHO bulbs, so scratch that idea -- you're probably just looking in the wrong place. The reason we all suggest MH, is, obviously, it ends up looking better and having VHO to supplement IMO ends up looking the best.

...and sure, you can keep Anemone's in VHO -- I have one.

BTW, get rid of the damsels while you still can!!! (Tho fortunately you have the more peaceful kinds.. non-black/white).

This is not true for all cases, but most get very territorial and aggressive. They pick on other fish and stresses them out. If you start feeding them with a net, it'll be easier if you ever want to catch them.

problem is...what to do with them?? ill have to see if the LFS will take them...
should i get rid of all 3
they dont seem to be too bad

Back
Top Bottom