Led lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I found this on Craigslist wondering if its worth it...http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/for/2850396362.html

What you guys think? Asked the guy for brand and he said there wasn't because he ordered them to put his business name on there? But never really looked at LEDs wondering if this price is good and watts etc for my 55 gl I'm thinking one would be fine or would I need both?

acolotto said:
Hey I found this on Craigslist wondering if its worth it...http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/for/2850396362.html

What you guys think? Asked the guy for brand and he said there wasn't because he ordered them to put his business name on there? But never really looked at LEDs wondering if this price is good and watts etc for my 55 gl I'm thinking one would be fine or would I need both?

I'd wanna know who made them.... That's just me though. He doesn't have a name but he put his name on them?

"Can't give out that info , I have my own supplier and will be labeling them under my business name" this is what he told me when I asked who made them...kind of not interested anymore but then again if they are good it could be a great deal? Or is it high price?

Here's a pic of the lights on

Attachments

• image-1821424062.jpg
    image-1821424062.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 104
A company called taotronics makes a fixture that looks very similar to the light your looking at. don't know how good they are but the reviews people wrote gave them a good write up and there not expensive at 189.99 hope this is of some help to you.

He originally ordered 6 for a clients reef tank but only needed 4...and he will go $650 for both but I'm gonna try to get to $600...advice anyone? Should I do it? Def would be better then my 4x54 t5ho

Only thing I would add with my Blueline led system that I paid $350 for and is very similar.. Has 2 plugins.. One controls the blues and one for the whites so I can have each on a different timer. This unit looks like it does not have that option and is running you more in cost.. GL

Looked taotronics up and that's definitely it...think I'm gonna pass and just replace the bulbs on my t5s

Just so you are not alone I too have been looking at LED fixtures. I can't find one that reasonably priced that has the same features or options my T5HO has. I have come to the conclusion I will order 6 new T5's from BRS on Friday for my 55g

I'm thinking of ordering new t5 fixtures since I have two different 2 bulb fixtures...any one have experience or hear say about the ATI dimmable sunpower t5ho fixture and also if I should get the 4 or 6 bulb?

I have the ATI 8 bulb fixture, not the dimmable sunpower model though. I love mine. As for the amount of bulbs, I'd get as many as you could afford. More light = more corals you can keep etc.

I have the Current USA Nova Extreme Pro 54w6 bulb 324w total. This was the only one I could find that fit on my 55g. The others were about an inch bigger on each side of tank. I did replace the bulbs soon after I got it. They are ok but I wanted diff spectrums and got ATI's. I did keep the bulbs inase one blows out. I love the factor 4 bulbs are on a power cord and then 2 are on another power cord. That way they can be cycled on. I added a few moonlights . I am getting ready to order my second set of bulbs. Never had any problems.

I'm gonna get the ati dimmable sunpower 6x54 system the width is 13.4 so just a lil wider then my 55 I don't get paid til end of the month...with my order I get to pick my bulbs I want... I know I want ATI but what kind should I get? Also here's what my tank looks like now I like the whit but want some more blue in it

Attachments

• image-1610458432.jpg
    image-1610458432.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 80
I'm gonna get the ati dimmable sunpower 6x54 system the width is 13.4 so just a lil wider then my 55 I don't get paid til end of the month...with my order I get to pick my bulbs I want... I know I want ATI but what kind should I get? Also here's what my tank looks like now I like the whit but want some more blue in it

I am going with

2 ATI Aqua Blue Special
1 ATI Coral Plus
1 ATI True Actinic
2 ATI Blue Plus

I'd get a fiji purple in there. For my 4 bulb I was going to go 1 blue plus, 1 aqua blue special, 1 coral plus, 1 fiji purple. I threw the coral plus in there because it had just come out and wanted to give it a shot.

Now I have an upgraded tank, now 55, and am looking for a new lighting unit. It is either a 6 bulb or led. I was looking at the 6 bulb T5Ho from Aquaticlife since it had a built in timer and only 1 cord. And for LED, I was thinking about 2 Orphek LED units. Couldn't find a link to the aquaticlife ones, but you could just look at thier home page for it. Here is the one for the LEDs. Hope this helps.

24 Inch Orphek Power Reef PR156 LED Light Fixture

Back
Top Bottom