New heater suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incisions072185

Aquarium Advice Freak
Somehow my heater no longer works, so my poor fish are swimming around in 60 degree water. I'd rather not have this happen again so I'm wondering what company has the best and most durable heaters

There r some better than others, there r some worse than others. Bit they all quot2 at some point. Personally I've had good luck with aqueon.

Get 2 smaller heaters. In my 75 I have 3 100w. For a couple of reasons, a faulty one and more even distribution of heat.

I have used aqueon pro heaters in all my tanks and have yet to have any fail on me. Having two smaller heaters isnt a bad idea either so at least you have a backup running if one should fail.

I use Aqueon Pro heaters in my freshwater tanks, and a Jager in my marine tank. All of them work very well and keep the temp very well regulated.

Heaters are notorious for failing often..the best thing to do is get multiple heaters so if one fails, your fish sernt completely without heat

Back
Top Bottom