newest prizm pro skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianeww

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The Prizm Pro works great on my tank, takes a bit of adjusting though. I've had good success with it. If you want a plug and play "set it and forget it" type, I would go with the Aqua C Remora Pro w/Mag 350. More streamlined and less fuss.

Cheers
Steve

CCS 125..
This one looks huge. I barely have the 5" clearance at the back of my tank.
a plug and play "set it and forget it" type, I would go with the Aqua C Remora Pro w/Mag 350. More streamlined and less fuss.
Plug and play? Yay! Also the size fits more easily. How is this one for noise? My aquarium is in a totally lived-in area. No noise tolerated!

Any more thoughts out there? I searched for skimmers, but so many old threads came up, and I know that there are newer models of everything available. The newer vs the older: sometimes an entirely different animal.

dianeww said:
How is this one for noise? My aquarium is in a totally lived-in area. No noise tolerated!

I use the remora pro skimmer and it is very quiet.

the CCS is honking huge.. its a needlewheel skimmer that is adapted to HOB work (thats why it works better then the remora..)
Ive heared mixed reviews of the remora's quietness.. some say its very quiet some say they can hear the spray injector spraying water in the housing..
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=65077 (user not happy with how loud the remora is.. and its not the first time ive seen it.. this just happens to be very recent)

Yeah the Remora Pro is in my opinion pretty loud but I guess it depends what room your tank is in. I know it is quieter than and air venturi type skimmer though as I had one of those and it almost whistled.

One thing to think about when considering the Remora Pro with Mag3 is if you really want that big honkin pump in your display. Also I am not an experienced aquarist but I have not had good luck with my Remora all together. Currently I'm giving it a second chance. I guess we will see how it goes.

-E

Physicsdude, that second link is the one I referred to in the first place. It's the one I'm considering. The link to petsolution shows one which lots here say isn't big enough even for a 75, though it claims 90. (Hope my memory is correct here.)

Thanks for all the input, everyone. Decisions are so hard sometimes! :?

The old prizm was louder than the remora I have. I cant comment on the prizm pro as I have never used it.

The concept of any skimmer is air being injected into the water in a reaction chamber. This by principle is going to cause some level of noise.

Sorry about the confusion.. skimmer selection can be a really tough one.. belive me thats one of my hang-ups before my setup right now.. :roll: Im having a hard time desiding if I should try to build one or if it is going to be better to just get a pre-fab one, and on top of that desision I have the wich pre-fab decision to make... its one big UGH! :? 8O :roll: .. Ill get though it.. I hope anyway (at least I dont have a tank up and running depending on this decision though :D )
I hope you find just what your looking for :mrgreen:

The Prism Pro was inadequate to the task of skimming my 30 gallon Hex. It worked for a year or more, but as the tank matured I got cyano really bad. I finally replaced the Prism Pro with a Euro Reef CS6-2 and it cleaned up my system overnight!

I looked at your link and the skimmer looks the same to me. I couldn't see the "new and improved" part.

Back
Top Bottom