noisy filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The aquaclear 50 is $29.99, the 70 is $39.99, I like it, lots of good ratings/reviews on Amazon. So, how exactly do you have the filter material set up in it? I'm not set on the aquaclear, but it looks like a good option.

The set up is it directs water down to the bottom of the filter box and then pushes it back up through different layers of media. THe typical filter sponge is on the bottom, then carbon, and then biomax, which isn't really for cleaning but it holds a lot of the beneficial bacteria in case the filter sponge ever needs to be changed. It's a really great filter. I'd definitely go with that one.

I'm thinking I will go with it, but now I'm contemplating whether to get the 50 or 70.

P.S. Contemplating is one of my favorite words! LoL

The more filtration, the better! Well, just as long as it isn't too strong for your fish.

P.S. Contemplating. What a great word

I think I'll go with the 50, it'll be fine I think, it won't be over stocked, or stocked with messy fish. I'm planning on 12+ neons, 10 cories, 10 marbled hatchet fish, 6 Australian rainbow fish, maybe 6 or 7 ghost/glass catfish and that's about it. I'm paranoid of over filtration, I've had a lot of fish die in filters.

Back
Top Bottom