odno flourescent setup ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Home depot actually sells bulbs that are for aquariums. I'm not exactly sure the k rating but they have them at my home depot anyways

greatgman said:
currently on my 90 gall
i have 2 36 "shoplight fixtures
2 10k
2 03 actnics
both lights are overdriven
the tank is plenty bright
algae is no longer a prob

Is that a FWLR setup? Are your keeping any coarls in there?
How wide is your 90 gallon tank.. I would think 48" shoplight fixtures would make more sence if its a standard 90 gallon.. expesially since the ballasts will fire those 48" lamps as well and give you more light..

Edmonton Eskimo.. the "aquarium" NO bulb is a GE 6500K T-12 lamp.. the standard daylight 6500K lamps are the same thing for less money.. and they dont make a "aquarium" NO bulb in T-8 like they do with the daylight bulbs..
The T-8 is more effecent for overdriving, the bulb has less surfase area forcing more light per watt out of it.. kinda like the diffence between NO and T-5.. HTH

Any information extra information on this subject would be great to know greatgman..
I for one am not unimpressed by ODNO's abilty to light up a tank.. If your keeping coarls I would be intrested in wich types (soft, mushroom, LPS, and/or SPS) and how well they are doing. What type of refletor you use with the bulbs and anything else you might think is relevent to your setup. TIA
I have 4 ballasts on the way and would like to try this out on my 75 gallon.. and yes they are the right type 4-F32T8 electronic ballasts.

well.. I did it.. I ordered some MH ballasts.. got them for 30 each with shipping off e-bay.. the question would still help me out if I deside to use this for supplemental light though.. thanks.. :p

Back
Top Bottom