Opinions on heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, I have had visi-therms and the such for a long time. I had a 300 watt visi in my 75, about mid october it could not keep up. I put in a 250 ebo and it was rock solid. I just bought another 2 -50 watters for a new tank and for my qt. 15.00 on foster and smith. how can you go wrong. they do say that they are not submersible, but that is supposedly just a way of getting around some US laws. I have been assured they are fully water proof.

My choice, although not as cheap as the glass heaters, would be a 250w Won Pro Heat II. This is a titanium tube heater with an external control unit and a remote temp probe. It also has a digital readout on the control unit that tells you what the current tank temp is. I have never had a problem with one of these and I have them in all my tanks and all my maintenance customers tanks.

Thanks all for your responses. bzbee-I am using a cannister and will check out the Hydor. loganj - I have heard these titanium heaters are extremely accurate and the tubes unbreakable -I will give them a look

Back
Top Bottom