recommendation for gravel vac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

forOG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Wondering what a good gravel vacuum would be for my 55g goldfish tank? It's pretty heavily planted but I figure with goldies even that won't be enough...

Thanks!

forOG said:
Wondering what a good gravel vacuum would be for my 55g goldfish tank? It's pretty heavily planted but I figure with goldies even that won't be enough...

Thanks!

For sure get a python or similar vac makes life easy but if its heavy planted don't worry too much about vacuuming the gravel just swish by the poop to stir it up and siphon it out

They're all pretty similar man, end of the day it's only a piece of plastic and a hose. If it's a deeper tank just make sure you buy a slightly longer one. : )

adam98150 said:
They're all pretty similar man, end of the day it's only a piece of plastic and a hose. If it's a deeper tank just make sure you buy a slightly longer one. : )

Except for a python you can hook up to your sink and loose your buckets for good lol

ryan-peddle said:
Except for a python you can hook up to your sink and loose your buckets for good lol

Omg really ? That sounds pretty awesome man, can't believe I haven't seen them before. *Google searches*

adam98150 said:
Omg really ? That sounds pretty awesome man, can't believe I haven't seen them before. *Google searches*

Oh it's the way to go marina makes a cheaper one but it's just as good IMO watch a video on it you will be sold

Back
Top Bottom