Red Sea Alk test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got my Red Sea reef foundation test kit and overall I'm happy with it...however I've been trying to test my alkalinity for 2 hours now lol. I can't seem to get the color change right. At first the card was red so I tried to get a red color but it never happened even after refilling the syringe and continuing the test. Then I tested a couple more times after reading the kit turns from blue to clear then to orange and the point it turns to orange is your answer. Then I read online that some test kits turn orange when they are bad? Then I read the NEW tests turn orange and they are good. THEN I read the kits should be pink....then I watched red seas instruction video and it said the test kit should be pink but in the video it looked purple...WTF lol.

Finally I did one last test in a brightly lit room and carefully watched when the solution turned orange and it said my Alk was 7-7.3.

Has anyone used this kit? Does anyone have answers? Tomorrow I'll contact BRS sense that's where the kit came from and ask them. After that I'll call Red Sea I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom