Red sea skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe&rae

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just the small prizm skimmer, it is on a 46gal corner tank. the other night it pushed water in to the collection cup and it overflowed in to the floor what caused it to do this and how do i prevent it?? it worked good for a few days and then did this!!:confused:

Those skimmers are very touchy. Make sure the airline isn't blocked and keep the neck and cup clean.

I just the small prizm skimmer, it is on a 46gal corner tank. the other night it pushed water in to the collection cup and it overflowed in to the floor what caused it to do this and how do i prevent it?? it worked good for a few days and then did this!!:confused:

I have the same skimmer for a 46 gal as well. You need to make sure the air plug is on the the second plug "II". Aslo the waterflow intake is very delicate.

When your adjusting it you have to keep an eye on it for about a min or two and watch that the water level is in the cylinder ring. Wait about 20 mins or so and if there is alot of water in the collection cup you will then need to adjust the inflow again.

I marked a line w/ a red permanent market to make things a little easier when i'm doing regular maintenance on the tank.

Hope this helps.

When you say cylinder ring, you mean right by the o ring, or should it be lower than that.

The water level should be above the black rubber ring or aka the neck of the skimmer. Slowly adjust the water intake. You will notice that watter bubbling. You want the bubbles to very slowly enter the collection cup. I would suggest setting the level, wait approx 10 mins and review how much is in your collection cup after the 10 mins. If you have alot of water the flow is too much.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom